Saturday, February 10, 2007

Katy's Take: Episode 2

BTD welcomes back Project Runway designer Katherine Gerdes for her exclusive recap of Episode 2, "Child's Play".

Hola kids-

So I don’t know about you, but I was definitely more into this episode than I was the first week. I liked that the designers got to show their stuff and work on their own and of course kids rooms are always fun! My only complaint is that I wish they showed more of the kids in their rooms.

Also, I’m not sure how you feel about the final catch phrase “See you later, decorator” but I did NOT like it at all…that was until I read Jonathan Adler’s blog this week on Bravotv.com. Trust me, if the catch phrase bugs you, take some time and read his blog. I still don’t like it very much, but I couldn’t stop laughing after reading his explanation, the other phrases he had thought of (example: “You suck. Good luck.”) and when he explains how you can integrate it into your everyday life. Funny! I wish there was more Jonathan time on the show. He makes me laugh.


Click here to continue reading Katy's Take as she gives her perspective on each of the room designs from this week's episode.