Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Five Questions With Matthew

We continue our exclusive Q & A series with Top Design contestant Matthew Lorenz.

1. How did you hear about the show?

My friend who is an actor told me his agent was looking for designers. He forced me to go to the audition.

2. Where did you audition?

Chicago

3. What is unique about you? What do you bring to the show that no one else can? What are you really good at?

What is unique about you? I actually have the talent and am supposed to be designing.

What do you bring to the show that no one else can? I think I bring a unique style and approach to design and solving problems.

What are you really good at? I'm really good at space planning.

4. How did you learn that you made it onto "Top Design"?

It was a Friday night and I got the call that I was in. It had been such a lengthy interview process I was just relieved to get an answer. That night I was mellow and then the following day I freaked out.

5. Where will you be watching the show?

The first one I want to be alone because I'm afraid I'm going to go mental when I see myself. I can’t even handle having my picture taken.

Thanks so much, Matthew; we're going to be asking you all about that playhouse you made the next time we get to chat!