Monday, January 22, 2007

Five Questions With Elizabeth

We asked each of the designers the same five questions as part of a BTD exclusive interview. This Q & A with Elizabeth Moore is the first in that series.

1. How did you hear about the show?

Tracy Herbert of
Ann Sacks contacted and told me to contact Mystic Pictures

2. Where did you audition?

Mystic Pictures in Burbank

3. What is unique about you? What do you bring to the show that no one else can? What are you really good at?

What is unique about you?
Although I may be "approaching 50", I have never felt more inspired and creative, a Phoenix so to speak. I am an artist, designer, Instructor, single mother by choice, I am raising a child who has Autism/Aspergers.

My time working with Prince was the inspiration for my work ethic, dedication, direction, discipline and following my own unique creative voice. I have remained in a child-like bubble of expression and creative process. I still love beautiful things, I love mixing it up, looking at the classics, finding its universal message and then finding the new form. I love teaching, it keeps me current. I have been able to support many talented people to following more fully their own voice and unique quality. I am working on developing a product that synthesizes all of the above, functional art so to speak. I am working on a moveable toy box/play-station, influenced by the needs of my Autistic son and his need for play and organization.


What do you bring to the show that no one else can?
Out of box thinking and the willingness to experiment, in extreme conditions.... !

What are you really good at?
I am really good at listening to clients, creating new ways of looking at things. I love telling stories...

4. How did you learn that you made it onto "Top Design"?

Phone call

5. Where will you be watching the show?

At a party for me in Santa Monica…


Thank you, Elizabeth. We could talk all day about the Prince experience; can't wait until that opportunity!