Friday, January 26, 2007

Five Questions With Heather

We continue our exclusive Q & A series with Top Design contestant Heather Ashton.

1. How did you hear about the show?

I was cruising Craigslist for a new job in NYC (a little bored of LA) and saw the ad. It was the night before the Burbank casting, which took close to 5 hours and they tried to reschedule me….NO WAY! (a good story in its own right). It went really fast after that. Like a whirl-wind affair……

2. Where did you audition?

Burbank

3. What is unique about you? What do you bring to the show that no one else can? What are you really good at?

What is unique about you? Ummmm…..I’m just a weirdo…unique is just fancy. I’m mouthy; I’m kind of shy (no joke) and actually hide my shyness by always going big and loud with a self-deprecating tag. I say that I’m a Dachshund hiding in the body of a Doberman. .

What do you bring to the show that no one else can? To be totally “After school special” about this question….I bring me. No one else can do that and thankfully, “Top Design” was open to it.

What are you really good at? I am really good at going way outside convention. I love designing Nightclubs because most Nightclub owners want the “WOW” factor and have the budget to support it. On Privilege, I suggested a crazy banquette and they let me do it. I am not good at half-a$$ing it.

4. How did you learn that you made it onto "Top Design"?

I got the best phone call of my life from the LA production office.

5. Where will you be watching the show?

I’ll watch in LA with a few friends that love me not matter what!

Thanks so much, Heather; can't wait to hear more about that casting story!