Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Five Questions With Felicia

We continue our exclusive Q & A series with Top Design contestant Felicia Bushman.

1. How did you hear about the show?

The casting agent contacted one of my vendors, my rep at "Ann Sacks" she forwarded the information along to me.

2. Where did you audition?

I was too late in deciding to audition to make the casting call so I sent in a 2 min video as that deadline was a week later. I was in LA and dropped off the tape to the Majestic office in Burbank. My first 2 callbacks were done at that office.

3. What is unique about you? What do you bring to the show that no one else can? What are you really good at?

I am the whole package. Not only a great designer but through past experience of handling extremely large projects around the world I have gained a world of knowledge on managing a project to get it completed as planned. Execution is half the battle and many designers might be able to dream up the moon but have difficulty in the execution. I think I bring to the show a great confidence in my ability to design under pressure, I am very calm, get along well with people and just know that I am able to accomplish nearly anything.

4. How did you learn that you made it onto "Top Design"?

I received a call from the producers while I was in New York meeting with a client (who's house I had under construction and who I had not told anything about leaving to film the show!) So I had to assure my client that while I was leaving for a period of time and I couldn't even tell her why, her house would be in good hands with my team. Fortunately she was understanding and trusted me!

5. Where will you be watching the show?

I will be having a huge premiere party at one of my client's homes in West Hollywood, actually used to be Jerry Seinfeld's house, beautiful mid-century modern house that I completely restored. Jerry had gutted it in the 80's with another designer and made some terrible choices. For my client, I brought it back to it's original glory. So my party is going to be themed "Mid-Century Mod, think Pucci!" We'll be serving martinis and listening to 60's tunes before tuning in to Bravo. The house has a state-of-the-art theater as well as 3 - 60" plasmas for prime viewing for all! Fun!

Thank you, Felicia. We'd love to see the restored Seinfeld house; send the party pictures our way when you can!